Wednesday 21 May 2014

28mm Desert Warrior Commission

For some reason I started with the  bronze armour and sword, I think, because I had some left over from another project. I used GW Shining Gold with a Sepia wash, dry brushed with Shining Gold and some Bolt Gun Metal.  The cloak was dry brushed with German Grey from Vallejo followed by French Grey Blue and the dark flesh wash built up from the Lifecolor flesh set using dark reddish brown and tan with 5 - 7 successively lighter shades.

 I touched up the bronze, then touched up the cloth and popped in the whites of the eyes using Vallejo Pale Sand. Three colour scheme, really simple. I could improve it by dry brushing up the bottom of the cloak to show dust and wear. No doubt there are many improvements but that would be my first.



I think the kilt  should be cloth / linen but I thought it would look better as armour, breaking up what would otherwise be a  large expanse of black.

No comments:

Post a Comment