Friday 9 May 2014

Ugly Heroes - 28mm Commission figures

Budget level commission, colours of armour and weapons as per customer's request.

Out of the seven figures in the commission these two were the hardest to identify from the written descriptions, so I got them out the way first. need to get them all finished in the next two weeks. At the client's budget I need to paint a figure within an hour though I been painting these two all day (along with twenty 15mm of my own) , so I've no idea how much time went in to them, probably a lot more than an hour each. The shields are painted with gilt varnish -  so that's real gold!! :)

Got some more knightly types coming up, so hopefully start them tomorrow.
Had fun playing with various metallics on the sword. I was after a flame effect in golds, silvers and white. Not sure whether it works or not but it's done and I'm not redoing it! next time I have white armour to do I'll go back to base white with a blue wash rather than build the white up on top of blue. This one took too long and doesn't look as clean as I'd like it to. By not putting a dark wash over the gold mail skirt the mail skirt looks finer, less coarse. I made a mistake putting the sepia wash over the bleached wooden backs of the shields. They looked better before the wash so that's another thing to remember. Onwards and upwards...

No comments:

Post a Comment